CINCINNATI BRIDGE SPOONS
Now known as the John A. Roebling suspension bridge, this
landmark bridge first opened to pedestrians in 1866 and was simply
known as 'the suspension bridge'.
In 1850, Cincinnati was the sixth biggest city in the USA (larger than
Chicago or St. Louis) and at 1059 feet this bridge is still considered
to be one of Cincinnati's most popular symbols.
In 1896 a greatly improved bridge was unveiled with new cables but
still using the original stone towers.
1. beautifully engraved bridge picture on a gold washed bowl
2. This is a generic 'bridge' handle and was used on a variety of
3. engraved bridge picture on a state handle
Return to Bridge spoon index
Return to spoon planet exhibits index