Many communities are very proud of their local mountains, but some mountains have obtained very important world renown status either because of the size, shape, or location. We find many spoons with mountains engraved on them, thus I am presenting just a few of the common ones.
1. Mt. Pisgah and the Rat, Asheville, N.Carolina (height 5757'),
2. Asheville, N. Carolina, hand engraved
3. Mt. Agassiz, Bethlehem, New Hampshire, embossed wavy state handle (Shepard)
4. Garden of the Gods, Manitou, Colorado, hand engraved
5. Mt. Kearsarge, demi size goldenrod handle, hand engraved bowl Wilmot, New Hampshire
1. Lover's Leap, Cumberland, Md. flower handle -engraved bowl
2. Old Man of the Mountain, pattern handle, engraved, aka the great stone face, White Mountains of New Hampshire
1. Sugar Loaf, Winona, Minnesota, pattern handle
2. Summit of Pikes Peak (14247'), Colorado wavy state handle (Shepard)
3 Face Mountain, Skagway, Alaska. Handle shows dog sleds, seals, White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad, mining, sled dog family
The city scene shows a lot of tents lin formation. I suspect this spoon was made during World War 11 when Skagway was a major military base
4. Lookout Mountain, Chatanooga, Tennessee wavy handle (Shepard), gold washed bowl.
5. Mt Tamalpais, engraved bowl on hand made demi spoon with a bear finial, Marin County, California (now called Mt. Tam)
In spoon collecting, we find many spoons from the Pikes Peak area of Colorado which was a very popular tourist destination.
Summit of Pikes Peak
Balance Rock, Garden of the Gods
Sugar Loaf, Winona, Minnesota
Mount Shasta, California (14444 ft), embossed
Mt. Zermatt, Switzerland, 4505 meters
The Adirondack mountains of northwest New York are
known for hunting.
mark F.W. Sim and Co.
Visit the Cascade Mountain exhibit
Return to SPOON WORLD home page