OLD BUILDINGS SPOON EXHIBIT
Sometimes we find old buildings, first
buildings, early scenes etc. on Souvenir Spoons.
I suspect that most of these should be taken with that 'proverbial
grain of salt' as I doubt that much research was done before the spoons
However, looking at these old buildings is still rather interesting
even if not historically accurate.
all spoons are sterling
1. engraved "First House Dayton, O 1795", pattern handle gold
washed bowl by Towle
2. embossed view of "Chicago 1852", Ft. Dearborn style handle by Gorham
and retailed by C.D. Peacock
3. engraved "1704 Matteawan N.Y." with goldenrod handle, by Shepard and
retailed by Geo. F. Phesay
4. embossed bowl "old Kentucky home", by Mechanics div of Watson
5. engraved "Chicago's first building 1803" by Mechanics div of
6. engraved "early Dayton 1856" , pattern #55 by Shepard
nicely engraved view of early Dayton 1796
nicely embossed view of early Chicago 1832
nicely engraved Matteawan, New York bowl
Nicely embossed log cabin --This image is also found on other types of
crudely engraved 'Chicago's first building 1803'
Nicely engraved view of a log cabin
Return to Spoon exhibits index